Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program
Websites – SEO – Social Media
The objective of this program is to support small businesses subject to closure or highly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown restrictions announced by the Queensland Government, to adapt and sustain their operations, and build resilience.
The program aims to see small and micro businesses:
- prepare for the safe resumption of trading in the post COVID-19 recovery
- continue to meet operating costs
- access digital technologies to rebuild business operations and transition to a new way of doing business
- respond to online opportunities, where possible, to sustain employment and maintain potential for longer-term growth
- upskill and reskill business owners and staff to benefit from new technologies or business models
- embrace business diversification to adapt and sustain operations
- create or retain employment.
Regional and SEQ funding available
The program is available to eligible businesses throughout Queensland. For round 2, funding is being equally divided between regional Queensland and South East Queensland (SEQ).
South East Queensland businesses
When applying for round 2, you are a South East Queensland (SEQ) business if your principal place of business is located in 1 of the following local government areas:
- Brisbane City Council
- City of Gold Coast
- Ipswich City Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- Redlands City Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council.
All invoices or quotes from suppliers will be checked to determine if they are genuine (e.g. supplier has as active ABN and the invoices or quotes have not been altered in any way).
Applying small and micro businesses must meet the eligibility and assessment criteria to be considered for funding.
- Get ready to apply by completing the following steps.
- Check your eligibility to:
- find out if you are eligible to apply for round 2
- confirm your business location
- subscribe to be alerted when round 2 opens.
- Read the application guidelines, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and application tips.
- Prepare your application and supporting documentation ready to submit when round 2 opens.
- After round 2 opens, return here to lodge an online application (only available after the round opens).
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will be assessed against the following:
- funding availability – applications will be processed on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, and therefore not all applications will be successful
- submission of a complete application form, with all requested supporting documentation included
- value for money, as determined by the Queensland Government.
Funding will be paid upon approval of your grant application. Applicants will have 6 months to complete their projects and must acquit the total amount of funding received.
Grant recipients may be subjected to a random audit by the Queensland Government (or its representatives) to ensure that the information provided is true and correct. Where it is found that false or misleading information has been provided, penalties may apply, including refunding some or all of the grant funding.
Request a review
If your application has not been successful, you may request a review of the decision if dissatisfied with:
- the amount of funding awarded
- a decision to decline or reject an application
- the conduct of staff impacting a funding decision.
Your request to review should be accompanied by the following information and emailed to email@example.com:
- your unique grant number (i.e. Adapt1xxxx)
- your reason(s) for dissatisfaction
- contact details to further discuss your request for a review.
All review requests must be submitted in writing by email within 20 business days of receiving DESBTs original application decision. The department will complete a review and notify you of their decision within 30 business days of receiving your request.
The outcome of the review will be communicated to you in writing to confirm the original decision, amend the original decision or substitute another decision for the original decision.
Read the review process for more information.
- Check your eligibility to: