Do I Really Need Someone to Build My Website for Me?

When it comes to building a website, a lot of people expect it to be an easy DIY project they can get done quickly over a couple hours or a weekend. But this is rarely, if ever, the case. A successful website requires more than just quick design and a catchy name. It needs excellent coding, continuous maintenance and updating, modern development software tools, search engine optimisation, and quality content.

Nowadays anyone can create a website using any of the build-it-yourself online website tools. But just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. If you start running into problems like broken links, corrupted database files or any HTML or code errors, you need a professional to help you fix them. Unless you know exactly what you’re doing, a pretty online template won’t be any help in the face of structural problems.

Whether your business is big or small, every company needs a professional website. It is often the first point of call for any potential customer and it needs to have quality and be professionally built, especially if your clients come mostly from word of mouth. The functionality and appearance of your site could be the difference between landing a customer because you look professional and not.

The cost of hiring a professional website developer can often be something that stands in the way of moving forward. But the quality of the design and user experience directly correlates with the level of professionalism supplied by the provider. A cheap, pre-made template makes your site look cheap and cookie cutter. A website built to your exact specifications and with all the bells and whistles that make browsing easier for your potential customer makes your business look professional. Don’t kid yourself, if you’re looking for a quality service provider and you come across a great clean design vs something that looks old school and not updated in the past 10yrs, or worse…not online at all…you know which one you are going to choose. Your business is NO exception!

What are some of the benefits of getting a professional to build your website?

Have a say with custom design
Expect a better-looking design that offers flexibility and customization when you get a professional to build it for you. Whilst a build-it-yourself template might be fairly easy to use, they aren’t very flexible. If you need more pages for your products or offer certain services and online carts, you need a website that can accommodate each option.

Load your web pages faster
The ideal loading time for a website is between 2 and 5 seconds. However, every second over 2 seconds results in greater bounce rates, with potential customers impatiently abandoning the site before it fully loads. A professional website builder knows how to get your web pages loading fast. The first impression is important, and speed will greatly help improve user experience.

Increase visibility in search engine results
No matter how good your website looks, if it can’t be found organically online, it’s pretty much useless. Search engine optimisation (SEO) gives you the building blocks to start ranking your website on Google so you can be found quickly. SEO improves your website ranking which attracts more customers, builds a long term sustainable online presence, and increases traffic in a cost-effective way. Every website built with Simply Me-dia includes a solid foundation of SEO for effective optimisation results.

Make sure it’s compatible
With technology ever evolving and moving forward, you need a website that can keep up. A professionally built webpage ensures your site is adaptable to each product it is viewed on. Whether your potential customer is viewing your page on a desktop, smart phone, or tablet, a smoothly run website makes for a more pleasant and positive experience. did we mention Google voice search…yup, it’s now big business!

You don’t have to do it yourself
What’s the best part about hiring a professional to build your website for you? You don’t have to do it yourself! Let our team help your website make a great first impression with speed and accessibility, so you can get back to running your business! Remember your website is one of your biggest business assets, so if you want your business to be turning over $1000 a month…sure go with the cheap developers. If you want your passion to become a success, invest in it. You didn’t start your business to not make money…so give yourself the best chance.

90% of businesses fail in the first year – the other 10% do it properly!